Grant Application Guidelines
The Fredericton Community Foundation offers two types of grants: our regular grants, which are awarded twice per year and are usually in the amount of $500 - $5,000; and our Impact Grant which is a major grant usually in the $15,000 - $20,000 range.
The Fredericton Community Foundation supports charities in the Greater Fredericton Area in a wide range of programs including Arts & Culture, Heritage, Youth, Environment, Health & Wellness, Education, Athletics, and Social Development.
The following types of organizations will be deemed eligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
• A registered Canadian charity.
• A registered Canadian amateur athletic association.
• A Canadian municipality in the Greater Fredericton Area.
• Her Majesty in right of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick and agents thereof (Federal and Provincial Government and Agencies) eg. Schools
The following types of organizations and activities will be deemed ineligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
• Non-registered charitable institutions unless supported by a qualified organization described above.
• Organizations that are profit orientated.
• Activities that are political or religious in nature.
• Organizations not located or operating within the Greater Fredericton area.
• Individuals, unless the request is deemed unique and unusual and then only through an organization as described above.
• Annual Fund Drives.
• Core operating expenses of Organizations.
• Deficit Financing
Regular Grant Application Deadlines: April 1st and October 1st
Impact Grant Deadline for Letters of Interest: Fall of each year.
APPLY FOR A GRANT