(FROM THE CFC WEBSITE)
Youth in Philanthropy
Young people care about their communities. Community Foundations of Canada’s Youth in Philanthropy (YIP) program makes it easy for young people to find ways to help.
By forming youth advisory committees (YACs) within local community foundations, young people in their teens and twenties raise money, make grants to local organizations, and build lasting friendships with youth across Canada and around the world.
• Engage youth in their communities
• Reinforce the spirit of giving in young people
• Provide opportunities for youth leadership development
• Connect youth in local communities and around the world
• Give youth a voice in community foundations and communities
• More than 60 community foundations in Canada now have Youth in Philanthropy programs, engaging thousands of young people and new energy in the community foundation movement
• Youth Advisory Committees provided more than $2.5 million to non-profit organizations in their communities
• The international YIP movement is booming – connecting caring young people around the world
If you are a youth who is interested in becoming more involved in philanthropy in your community, contact our office.
The Fredericton Community Foundation is supportive of youth initiatives and has supported many local charities working with youth, including:
Boys and Girls Club
Local Elementary, Middle and High Schools
Partners for Youth
Childrens Wish Foundation
Children’s International Summer Villages (CISV)
Roots of Empathy