Our Grant Types
The Fredericton Community Foundation supports charities in the greater Fredericton region in a wide range of areas including Arts & Culture, Heritage, Youth, Environment, Health & Wellness, Education, Athletics, and Social Development. We offer two types of grants:
These grants are awarded twice per year and are usually in the amount of $500 – $5,000.
These grants total $18,000, are awarded once per year and are divided among several grant recipients.
These larger grants are awarded once per year in the Fall and are usually between $15,000 - $30,000, depending on quality of applications and availability of funds.
The following types of organizations are eligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
- A registered Canadian charity.
- A registered Canadian amateur athletic association.
- A Canadian municipality in the greater Fredericton region.
- Her Majesty in right of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick and agents thereof (Federal and Provincial Government and Agencies) eg. Schools.
The following types of organizations and activities are ineligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
- Non-registered charitable institutions unless supported by a qualified organization described above.
- Organizations that are profit orientated.
- Activities that are political or religious in nature.
- Organizations not located or operating within the greater Fredericton region.
- Individuals, unless the request is deemed unique and unusual and then only through an organization as described above.
- Annual fund drives.
- Core operating expenses of organizations.
- Deficit financing.